We will be worshiping in the sanctuary, for those seeking a brief in-person worship experience.
What to expect upon arrival:
- Please check in with Greeter/Deacon for a temperature screening upon arrival.
- A mask or face covering is required and must be worn at all times.
- Hand sanitizer stations will be provided.
- The service will last about 1 hour.
- Please keep a safe distance of at least 6 feet apart from other families.
- Please wear your mask at all times.
- We will not have our children's message, passing of the peace, and our sharing of joys and concerns will be conducted differently.
- Our offering will be received by inviting people to place donations in detonated baskets.
- We will sing during worship (masked) as we have found a protocol that provides a safe plan to conduct congregational singing.
- We ask that once service is over, all visitors disperse in a socially distant manner.
We will continue to abide by the guidelines provided by our local health officials, along with following best practices for indoor public gatherings.
Here are some other things you need to know as we prepare to gather in person.
Health & Safety Considerations. We ask that if you have a fever or any symptoms of illness that you participate in worship from home. We are following health and government guidelines, which call for face masks to be worn in indoor public spaces.
Entering and Exiting. All worshippers will be asked to enter and exit the building from the Ridge Road building entrance nearest to E. Passaic Ave (the entrance by Rev. Pete’s office). Once you arrive, you will be asked to answer a series of health questions and your temperature will be taken. Once service is finished, you will be instructed to leave the building immediately. Please enter and exit only at designated locations.
Physical Distancing. Ushers will show you to your seats when you arrive and will be seating you away from others so that we can appropriately distance, as is recommended by health guidelines.
Nursery & Children’s Church. At this time, we will not have a nursery or children’s church.
Access to Other Parts of the Building. Only the sanctuary, and restrooms around the sanctuary will be open to worshippers. There will be no access allowed to any other parts of the building.
Other Information. We strongly encourage you to make a reservation to attend worship each Sunday. You may do so by either emailing the church (firstname.lastname@example.org) or go to our church’s website (www.fpcrutherford.org).
If you have any questions, please contact the church, email@example.com.