At First Presbyterian Church we know that one of our most important responsibilities is the spiritual growth of the lives we touch. Through a variety of programming we seek to help participants become more present, conscious and connected to their souls resulting in a closer and more personal relationship with God.
We’re excited to continue our Spiritual Growth program.
Upcoming programs will be posted soon.
To receive information on our Spiritual Growth programs and schedule on your mobile device text
FPCORADULTED to 24587
You can expect to receive an average of 1 to 2 texts a month. Standard text messaging fees may apply based on your current cellular plan.
We offered a unique program on "How God Changes Your Brain – the Neuroscience of Religious Experience”
Have you ever been swept away by a sunset, a piece of music, a speech, an event, a thought, or an inspiration? John Dull explored the advances in neuroscience that define the importance of transcendent experiences for overall health and for our understanding of humankind. Through song, patter and question, Dull shared about the literature, both mainstream and scientific, that delves into the neuroscience of inspired thinking.
We’ve offered many themed programs featuring a unique fusion of spirituality, yoga and meditation. Each session included scripture readings and teachings along with a variety of yoga poses and styles, and brief meditation sessions.
• Introductions to Satguru Yeshu featuring the Indian adoration style of yoga known as Bhakti in devotion to the true Guru, Jesus
• The Greatest of these is Love inspired by 1 Corinthians 13:13
• The Living Advent Wreath inspired by the Christian tradition used to symbolize the spiritual preparation for the coming of the light of Christ into the world
• Great Joy inspired by Luke 2:10
• Transitions as inspired by Isaiah 43:18
• Hope and the Future inspired by Jeremiah 29:11
• 2014: Hope – Right from the Start inspired by Matthew 11:28
• 2014: Rest – Right from the Start inspired by Matthew 11:28
• Faith, Hope and lots of Love inspired by 1 Corinthians 13:13
• Fruits of the Spirit inspired by Galatians 5:22-23
• Open Heart Prayer inspired by the Philippians 4:6
• The Holy Names of God inspired by Psalm 103:1
• Your Spiritual Journey: A Life of Peace exploring peaceful living through the ancient philosophy of yoga & Biblical truths
• He will quiet you in His love inspired by Zephaniah 3:17
• Thinking about Jesus inspired by the parables and teachings of Jesus offered in the Gospels
• Seek and ye shall find inspired by Psalm 25:4-5
• A Personal Relationship with God inspired by James 4:8
• Contentment inspired by 1 Timothy 6:6-7
To learn about our current Yoga offerings, click here.
We often invite the community to experience the power of walking a Spiritual Labyrinth in our beautiful Chapel. The ancient practice of labyrinth walking provides an opportunity for one to meditate, reflect and pray and creates an environment for finding peace, guidance and healing.